Update (Aug 30 2016): This Position Has Been Filled.
The Fairway Galle Literary Festival (FGLF) is looking to fill the position of “Children’s Programme Coordinator”.
Period: Immediate to end January 2017.
We are looking for a Coordinator to manage the Children’s Programme of the Festival, comprising of:
(1) Galle Schools Day (13 th January 2017) :
An outreach programme featuring lit Fest presenters in local schools
(2) Galle Teacher Training (11th January 2017) :
A teacher training programme for teachers from local schools led by Lit Fest presenters.
(3) FGLF Children’s Programme (14th and 15th January 2017) :
A series of ticketed workshops featuring Lit Fest authors and local and international art practitioners for approximately 90 children.
(4) Jaffna Schools Day and Teacher Training (17th January 2017) :
A 2-day outreach programme for teachers and students in Jaffna featuring Lit Fest authors and local and international art practitioners.
The Coordinator should enjoy working with children and be aware of reading trends and creative groups to be able to advise and enhance programming.
The job would entail
- Develop and implement all programme content.
- Write up programmes.
- Working with the programme partners.
- Identify schools, liaise with Principals and teaching staff and obtain permission to conduct programmes.
- Obtain necessary approvals from Government Departments.
- Liaising with international writers and other participants re programming and logistics.
- Oversee design of promotional material,liaise with Festival team/web developer to manage regular website and social media updates.
- Manage team of assistants.
Identify and manage a team of volunteers.
- Manage budget and keep accounts.
- Prepare evaluation and recommendation reports.
- Prepare final report for Partners.
The Coordinator if based in Colombo will be have to travel to Galle regularly regards logistics, particularly in January, and also make a recce to Jaffna if required. Contacts with the Ministry of Education would be an advantage.
Must speak fluent English. Sinhala and Tamil would help
The job can be done from home at hours convenient to the Coordinator based on:
- Prompt response to emails and phone calls.
- Attending weekly meeting with Festival management.
- Be present prior and during all Children’s programmes.
A project fee, based on experience, will be paid in 2 installments, November 2016 and on submission of final report and accounts for the Children’s Programme in January 2017.
Apply with a letter detailing your experience and why the job suits you with a copy of your CV.