The Fairway Galle Literary Festival (FGLF) is a literary and arts festival, which takes place annually, during the month of January in and around the historic Dutch Galle Fort, an UNESCO World Heritage Site, located on the southern shores of Sri Lanka.
The event’s intimate format and scheduling falls during the peak tourist season, making the FGLF a “must-attend” venue for those visiting the island.
The festival brings a community of passionate literary, film, music, art and food enthusiasts together with world renowned writers, performance artists, film makers, historians, economists, scientists, journalists, award winning chefs and current affairs commentators.
Like many festivals of its kind, the Fairway Galle Literary Festival is made possible through the efforts of a small team of dedicated individuals and returns year-after-year only by the grace of generous benefactors, corporate sponsors and partners, collaborators and contributors.
After a 3 year hiatus from the festival circuit, the Fairway Galle Literary Festival returned in 2016 with over 4,500 visitors in attendance. The 2017 festival saw up to almost 5,500 attendees, making the FGLF a very lucrative venue for local and regional brands to achieve highly targeted consumer marketing objectives in Sri Lanka.
• 2016 Attendees: 4,500.
• 2017 Attendees: 5,500.
The Fairway Galle Literary Festival began online engagement initiatives in 2016 to support it’s events. Each digital channel has grown organically, which has driven higher than industry average user engagement of published content.
• Avg. Page Views: 11,200 per month (organic).
• Avg. Unique Visitors: 2,800 per month (organic).
• Avg. Page Views per Visitor: 3.97.
• Blog Subscribers: 370
• Facebook: 17,000+ followers.
• Instagram: 574 followers (organic).
• Twitter: 249 followers (organic).
• Subscribers: 680+ (organic).
Sponsors have the opportunity to not only reach festival-goers at specific event venues during the festival, but also to communicate and build relationships with the same audience prior to the festival through the festival website, social media channels and email newsletters.
The attendees of the Fairway Galle Literary Festival are a very engaged community. They comprise of Sri Lankans, expatriates living in Sri Lanka and literary fans from overseas. They are a highly desirable demographic with strong ties and influence in their social and business communities.
- Gender: 46% Men and 52% Women
- Age Range: 18-65 years.
- Education: College educated or higher.
- Interests: Literature, Education, Travel, Food, Art, Music, Film, Fashion.
- Average Single Ticket Purchase: LKR3,250
- 25-65 years.
- Professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Middle and high income groups.
- College educated.
- Sri Lankans and expatriates living in Sri Lanka.
- Tourists, visitors and literary fans from around the world.
- Spend on accommodation, excursions, entertainment, food and gifts.
- Like to stay in and around Galle Fort for the duration of the festival.
- Age Range: 15-21 years.
- Students and youth of Sri Lanka, who are currently studying at school or university.
- Make use of the discounted student ticket rates.
- Journalists at the festival, both traveling & literary.
- Local media, which plays an important role in exposing the Festival to a wider local audience.
- Lifestyle media are always looking for new brands and establishments to report on.
- This group acts in an ambassadorial role, carrying their experiences of the Festival, Galle, and Sri Lanka to the world.
Audience engagement begins 6 months prior to the festival in January.
Our website blog and social media are used to create buzz, inform and directly activate our audience. Our channels have proven very effective, and are primary drivers for direct sales of event tickets and for driving awareness and traffic to fringe events taking place around the festival.
Sponsors have the opportunity to engage our audience through these channels:
- Blog posts are received via email by 400+ subscribers and growing.
- Posts are SEO optimized for search engine rankings.
- The FGLF website has a high PageRank providing strong back links to referred websites.
Newsletter is received by 680+ subscribers with higher than average open rates of 34.6% (53.6% high) vs. an industry average of 16.87% and click-through rates of 7% (21% high) vs industry average of 1.8%.
Facebook is the festival’s most active social media platform. Content is carefully curated and published so that it is always of relevance and interest to our followers. Our Facebook post engagement is significant across all our audience age groups: 25-34 yrs (27%), 45-54 yrs (20%), 35-44 yrs (18%), 18-24 yrs (17%), 55-64 yrs (11%), 65+ yrs (3%).
A favorite channel used by authors and members of the literary community, Twitter has proved to be great platform to connect with followers of participants around the world and has increased awareness of the festival and what Sri Lanka has to offer.
Instagram is an active content distribution channel among festival-goers and participants alike. This social media channel has contributed significantly in increasing awareness of the festival, its events, participants and sponsors.
Submit your inquiry and receive a PDF via email detailing the available sponsor and partnership opportunities available with the Fairway Galle Literary Festival for your review …