Support the Fairway Galle Literary Festival
Like many festivals of its kind, the Fairway Galle Literary Festival (FGLF) is made possible through the efforts of a small team of dedicated individuals and returns year-after-year only by the grace of generous sponsors, collaborators and contributors.
We are always on the lookout for new supporters to add to our growing FGLF family and there are a number of ways to support the festival, as an individual – whether in cash, kind or air miles – or as an enterprise through branding and engagement initiatives launched for benefactors of the festival.
The Fairway Galle Literary Festival is an internationally recognized festival which attracts not only the local population but global literary art lovers as well. In 2016 the FGLF saw almost 5,000 attendees in Galle.
- Drive creativity, inspire literary excellence and expand into the Arts.
The Fairway Galle Literary Festival, having always been a forum for authors to share ideas with an engaged audience, has expanded to include theatre, photography, architecture, music and the visual arts.
Create awareness of the increasing depth and diversity of Sri Lankans artists.
The Fairway Galle Literary Festival showcases local artists in a variety of disciplines, providing them a platform to gain both recognition and an audience locally, as well as draw attention to their work internationally through networking opportunities with international participants, journalists, publishers and literary agents.
- Promote Sri Lanka and especially Galle as a unique tourist destination with a rich and diverse cultural heritage.
A varied gathering of over 4500 people of different ages and cultures who are attracted to the FGLF in 2016 because of its diverse content.
- Men and women aged 25-45 years.
- Mainly professionals and entrepreneurs from middle to upper income groups.
- This group includes both Sri Lankans and expatriates living in Sri Lanka
- Tourists, visitors and literary fans from abroad.
“Our recent holiday in Sri Lanka brought us to Galle and we were delighted to discover that our visit coincided with your festival. So delighted in fact that we are considering coming again next January.” – Timothy King (Audience member)
- Students and youth of Sri Lanka between the ages 15 and 21, who are currently studying at school or university who make use of the discounted student ticket rates.
- There was a significant increase in this group at the 2016 Festival, which the Festival team want to build on further.
- Journalists at the festival, both traveling & literary.
- Local media, which plays an important role in exposing the Festival to a wider local audience.
- This group acts in an ambassadorial role, carrying their experiences of the Festival, Galle, and Sri Lanka to the world.
Partner with the FGLF
The Fairway Galle Literary Festival is a not for profit organization and relies on the support of benefactors to sustain the festival.
- Support Sri Lanka’s flagship international cultural festival.
- Build close relationships with engaged customers and enhance brand visibility and recall locally as well as internationally.
- Create networks with members of the Sri Lankan corporate and literary world.
- Be a part of promoting Sri Lanka and the local tourist industry as the Festival places Sri Lanka and Galle on the international tourism map
We welcome your participation. To find out more about how you can help, or about opportunities to become a partner, please contact our Festival Director, Amrita Pieris at: